Please find listed below helpful information regarding letting a property through Trowbridges Estate and Lettings.
WE WILL REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING:
- A credit check for all tenants over the age of 18 years of age
- In some cases we could require a guarantor who would need to sign a Guarantor form and be separately credit checked.
- The length of the tenancy is in the first instance 6 months but in some cases 12 month fixed term contracts can be applied. All tenancies would at the end of the fixed term operate as a periodic contract or you may agree with the agents landlord to renew your shorthold tenancy to a new fixed term
- We will require a maximum deposit of 5 weeks rent which will be protected under the My Deposits Scheme. The 1st named tenant on the shorthold tenancy agreement will receive the deposit back at the end of the tenancy should the property be to the necessary standard of condition or repair
- The rent will be paid on the 1st day of the tenancy and a direct debit will be set up for the rent due date.
- The tenant will be required to sign the inventory within 7 days of the start of the tenancy and return to the landlords agent.
- The tenant will be required to give one month’s notice in writing to the landlords agent. The landlords agent must give 2 month’s notice.
8. Under the tenant fee’s act 2019, we do not charge any agency fee’s from the tenant/tenants at any point in the procedure.
TRANSPARENCY IS KEYTrowbridges believe that lettings should be transparent for all parties, a fair approach to lettings has always been Richards philosophy and has served him well throughout his 35 years in the business.Trowbridges Estate and Lettings.
A COMPREHENSIVE SERVICE.
Trowbridges Estate and Lettings are a member ARLA NALS, with client money protection insurance under The Association of Residential Letting Agents rules of engagement.
We offer a professional service which includes the following services:
- Full Management Service:
- Finding tenants using the market leading portals ( Rightmove, Boomin, Zoopla, Prime location and On The Market)
- Credit check service with LET ALLIANCE
- Rent guarantee for the first 6 months or 12 months if applicable.
- Arrange Gas Safety Certificates, EPC, Electrical Safety Test, Inventory, Rent Guarantee, Resident Checks, Deposit Certificates, Accountants Report For Rent Payment and Maintenance Costs.
- Collect rent and pay direct to nominated bank account.
- Monthly statements of accounts.
- 4 monthly inspections.
- Check in and check out reports.
- Out of hours emergency contact numbers
- Access to professional services
- Shorthold tenancy and relevant section 21 forms dealt with by agent.
- Tenant deposits disputes and rent guarantee claims if applicable.
- Hold deposits in secure client account.
- Charge for service 12% inclusive of VAT deducted from rent each calendar month. As of the 1st of June 2019 we are no longer able to charge tenants for credit and reference checks, so Trowbridges are now charging a one off fee of £120 +vat (£144 inclusive of vat) for the full professional checks on the tenants using our third party reference agency. This charge includes marketing and fully accompanied viewings.
- Tenant Find Only:
Finding tenants using the market leading portals ( Zoopla, Prime Location and On The Market)
Credit check service with LET ALLIANCE.
- Rent guarantee for first 6 months or 12 months if applicable.
- Arrange Gas Safety Certificates, EPC, Electrical Safety Test, Inventory, Rent Guarantee, Deposit certificate and residential checks.
- Collect rent for the 1st month.
- Hold deposit in secure client account.
- Shorthold tenancy and relevant section 21 forms dealt with at the end of the tenancy
Charge for this service is 12% inclusive of VAT of the first 6 month’s rent.
Cost for inventory. Charge deducted from first month’s rent collected by agent.
- Rent Collect Only:As tenant find only service with the extra facility of collecting the rent each calendar month by direct debit.Charge for service 10% inclusive of VAT.
Trowbridges Estate and Lettings are a family business with over 35 years of experience in the letting market and have in the past, dealt with a portfolio of over 400 fully managed properties and 100 tenant find only properties.